Friday, September 9, 2011

Bricks 4 Kids

After a long summer of trying to get my teaching certificate, I failed. I lived here a few years ago in between a move from Boise to Portland. I never thought we'd move down here, so I didn't take a English as a second language class that I need now to get my certificate. I can't take the class, because I'm considered out of state for 1 year. I can't afford to take it out-of-state because I don't have a job, and I can't get a teaching job because I don't have the class. So, for this school year, I'm teaching kids how to play with LEGOS! It is a great job. I go in after school and teach kids a lesson about space, or transportation and then we make a model that uses gears, and a motor. The kids love it! It is a treat to teach kids that love learning what you are teaching. Fun, Fun, Fun! :) Hopefully next year I'll be able to take the class and get a teaching-in-the-classroom-job. :)

No comments: