Monday, February 21, 2011

Don't take it personally

Being a substitute teacher is one of the hardest jobs I've ever had. It is so hard for me not to take things personally, even though what is going on is not meant for me to take it as personal, know what I mean? Students really want to give their stubstitutes a hard time. It isn't me, it is the idea that I'm not their teacher, they probably won't see me again, at least for a while, and they can get away with what they normally wouldn't get away with.

Normally this it is easy to deal with, but there are those days when I'm tired and the students are particularly annoying. The more I sub though, the fewer days I have where they annoy me. I'm really going to love my classroom when I get my own. I think that is the purpose of all of this. Having to go through this, means I will enjoy my future classroom even more! God works in mysterious ways!

No comments: