Saturday, November 7, 2009

Staying busy subbing

I am staying busy subbing. I've been to a little over half of all of the elementary schools in our district, as well as all but one of our middle school and one high school.

Yesterday I subbed in a self contained special education room and it made me miss working with those kids. I love how the teacher had the classroom and paraprofessionals all set up. I'm going to have to remember it so I can do something similar when I get a job again. I've applied for a couple of temp special ed jobs, but haven't heard anything yet.

2 comments:

Katie said...

So self conatained seems nice and tidy, but when you worked with the school that had these students mixed with the other students, I really liked that. I think it has many good benifits for both these sweet special students and the students at large.

Michelle Johnson said...

I wouldn't call it nice and tidy, just extremely organized. I am saddened that they never have time to go out into the general education classroom. I would have a time for each of them to be with their typical peers, that is for sure. I just liked how organized she had the classroom. I wish I could be more organized.