Wahoo! It sure feels good to have it done. I wanted to see if there was a link between students who struggle with reading and students who have speech difficulties. The literature supported this, but my limited research did not. I think if I would have done my research in my last school district, I would have gotten better results because they keep special services data in the cum file, whereas my school district I just left didn't. So I didn't know who had been in speech but had been exited. That would have been nice to know.
Anyhow, I'm so glad to have that off of my shoulders. I feel so much better. Now I am on to pack and get the girls ready for a new school year. I might just have to tutor this coming school year, as I haven't found a job yet. Oregon is taking forever issuing me a teaching certificate, so I think that is why I haven't been offered a job yet. I guess I could always get a job after the school year starts and they know what numbers will be in each school. It is kind of hard to tell how many special education students you will have when the numbers change over the summer.
UPDATE: I just got an e-mail from the OR DOE that my certificate is on the way. That is a huge load off my shoulders! I really wanted to get that before all of the jobs are gone. :)